Author Topic: The Evans side of the family  (Read 1797 times)

silver1945

The Evans side of the family
« on: Jan 11, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »
Having got as far as I could on my paternal grandfather's side of the family I decided to try on his wife's side, however this is a bit more difficult.  Looking for Evans in Wales is a nightmare, so there are some of them that I have left for the time being.  The surnames get a bit easier with some of the descendants who have married and I have tracked down two relatives and been in touch with them.
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

GeorgEvans

Re: The Evans side of the family
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:06:56 PM »
I know it has been a while but our Evans side of the family managed to trace back to Fleetwood (Cromwell second in command)... but they mostly stayed out of Wales making it easier...

jan40

« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2015, 10:59:41 AM »
Hello GeorgEvans.  My connection with an Evans family goes back to the Liverpool Welsh Builders . They came from North Wales and built many of the two up two down houses in the late nineteenth century. Any connection do you think? Jan40

Citizen68

« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2015, 01:00:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum, jan40. You may have noticed that GeorgEvans' post was back in March, and no idea whether he still reads contributions here, however hope he picks up your comment!  :)

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »
jan40, a brickie I worked with in Liverpool was jack evans, his father he told me , was also a brickie who worked on one of the largest brick built building's in Liverpool, the storage warehouse in park road,  jack lived most of his life in a st. off lodge lane, his son was a well known amateur boxer. [greg evans] jack would have been well into his 90s, now.